This course will introduce telecommunicators to crisis negotiations and the roles and responsibilities of the Tactical Dispatcher. The course covers different phases of the negotiation process as well as specific strategies and techniques that may be used to resolve the crisis. The course will build upon the skills already possessed by the telecommunicator and will provide tools and techniques needed to assist the Hostage Negotiations team.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Describe crisis negotiations
• Define the roles and responsibilities with the Dispatch Center
• Better understand crisis intervention and management
• Deploy crisis communication skills
• Work with law enforcement negotiators
• Be familiar with the FBIs Behavioral Stairway Model
• Communicate with a hostage taker
This is an SNC approved course (MNA201905B) that is four hours in length and will run from 1 to 5 pm. The cost is $150 per person. As this is a virtual course, participants must use a computer (desktop, laptop or tablet) equipped with a camera and microphone to interact with the instructor and other students. If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact our office at 517-410-0825 or email@example.com.
Location: Virtual Classroom with LIVE Instruction
Registration ends on 2/23/2022 There are currently 15 spots remaining out of 18